Quantum Board Notes
High efficiency boards designed for Horticulture Lighting projects. Boards can be powered from 10 to 150 watts. Ideal for use in grow tents or grow area with reflective walls and grow spaces with limited height. No Thermal Interface Material is required between the QB304 board and flat metal heatsink.
- 304pcs Samsung 561C top bin Diodes
- Connectors rated 300V 9A
- Estimated LER 321.60 lm/W
- Estimated QER 4.86 µmol/J
- Dimensions 6.833" x 11.25
- Max current per board 1600mA
|Voltage (Min Vf dc)||Voltage (Max Vf dc)||Current (mA)||Watts at Board (Min Watts)||Watts at Board (Max Watts)||Max Lm/W at Board (40C)||Min Lm/W at Board (40C)|
* Voltage calculated using sample board. Voltage may be +/- 4% for boards in different batches.
** Min values calcualted using AZ Voltage Bin, Max values calcualted using A1 Voltage Bin
** For more details refer to Calculator here. Use values LM561C, 3000K, 80 CRI, AZ or A1 Voltage Bin, S5 Flux bin. # of LED as 304x (number of boards). Change IF_Drive mA to see lm/W and flux for different power.
May require an Aluminum plate or heatsink if running 50+ watts. Heastink requirements depends on application and power.
The notes below are provided as a designs ideas and are not instructions to assemble a lamp. Do not touch live boards as they run on high voltage and may have exposed solder contacts that can cause serious shock. This is not a safety guide.
Note for Parallel Wiring
All boards are tested at 700mA and a test Vf is written on boards.
For circuits with multiple parallel boards on single driver it is best to group and use +/- 0.1Vf boards together to ensure they share current equally.
For series or single driver per board matching Vf is not important.
If you re-order boards to mount them in parallel with old boards you bought, give us this Vf number in checkout notes so we can give you boards with similar voltage.
Driver Notes (Single and Multiple Parallel Boards)
- HLG-80H-C700 with 1 or 2 boards for 90 Watts
- HLG-120H-C1050 with 1 or 2 boards for 110 Watts
- HLG-120H-C1400 with 2 or 3 or 4 boards for 150 Watts
- HLG-185H-C1400 with 2 or 3 or 4 boards for 170 Watts. HLG-185H-C1400 is better for 2 boards than the HLG-120H-C1400
- HLG-240H-C2100 with 2 or 3 or 4 boards for 250 Watts
- HLG-320H-C2800 with 2 or 3 or 4 boards for 320 Watts
- Also compatible with ELG-75-C700, ELG-150-C1400, ELG-240-C2100, ELG-200-C1750
Multiple Boards can be wired in parallel.
Driver Notes ( 2 Boards Series)
- Also compatible with ELG-75-C350, ELG-150-C700, ELG-240-C1050, ELG-200-C1750
Maximum 2 Boards can be wired in series. More than 2 boards in series will exceed the recommended maximum voltage of the board connectors.
NOTE: Boards purchased in multiple orders may be from different batches may have different voltages and may not work share equal current if connected in parallel. Use them in series to avoid some boards pulling more current than others.
Parallel-Series Wiring (Advanced)
It is possible to have partial benefits of parallel and series together using some driver configurations. For example HLG-320H-C2800 can be used to power 4 boards in parallel and an alternate could be HLG-320H-C1400 with 2 parallel string of 2 boards in series.
Board uses Molex Lite-Trap connector 104188-0110 rated max 300V AC (RMS)/DC and 9A with 18 AWG wire.18-24 AWG Solid (recommended) or 20-22 AWG Strand Wire.